1. The citrus soda 7-UP was created in 1929; "7" was selected because the original containers were 7 ounces. "UP" indicated the direction of the bubbles.
2. Mosquito repellents don't repel. They hide you. The spray blocks the mosquito's sensors so they don't know you're there.
3. Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.
4. The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as substitute for blood plasma.
5. American car horns beep in the tone of F.
6. No piece of paper can be folded in half more than 7 times.
7. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.
8. 1 in every 4 Americans has appeared on television.
9. You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
10. Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are fifty years of age or older.
11. The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum.
12. The king of hearts is the only king without a mustache.
13. A Boeing 747s wingspan is longer than the Wright brothers' first flight.
14. American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating 1 olive from each salad served in first-class.
15. Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
16. The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA."
17. Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.
18. The 57 on the Heinz ketchup bottle represents the number of varieties of pickles the company once had.
19. The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.
20. Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.
21. The first owner of the Marlboro company died of lung cancer.
22. Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
23. Betsy Ross is the only real person to ever have been the head on a Pez dispenser.
24. Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.
25. Adolf Hitler's mother seriously considered having an abortion but was talked out of it by her doctor.
26. Marilyn Monroe had six toes.
27. All US Presidents have worn glasses. Some just didn't like being seen wearing them in public.
28. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
29. The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly.
30. Debra Winger was the voice of E.T.
31. Pearls melt in vinegar.
32. It takes 3,000 cows to supply the NFL with enough leather for a year's supply of footballs.
33. Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
34. The three most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.
35. It is possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.
36. Average life span of a major league baseball: seven pitches.
37. A duck's quack doesn't echo and no one knows why.
38. The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days when the engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight staircases.
39. Richard Milhouse Nixon was the first US president whose name contains all the letters from the word "criminal."
40. The second? William Jefferson Clinton.
i knew #19, its on phineas and ferb...A. G. L. E. T., dont forget it! lolz really
nuber 23 is wrong, santa is real and he is on a pez
I actually had the time to check out the validity of half of these 'facts'. :( unfortunately near to none are true Marilyn monroe's 6th toe = photo effect + sand adolf hitler's abortion = his mother lost three children, why would she abort the third, plus abortion was illegal
Show 1 replies to this comment