More useless knowledge to surprise your friends with.
- The sperm whale has the heaviest brain of any creature that ever lived on Earth.
- Julius Caesar, the famous Roman emperor, had all the hair on his body plucked. Baldness in ancient times was a sign of mascilinity.
- Charles Dickens got paid penny per word for his novels. (Thus explains the length of "A TALE OF TWO CITIES")
- Dinosaurs burped and farted.
- A cockroach can live nine days without its head before starving to death.
- The shortest war in history was 38 minutes between England and Zanzibar.
- A polar bear's skin is black. The fur is not white. It is actually clear.
- William Shakespeare, the English genius, invented the words "assassination" and "bump."
- Women blink twice as much as men.
- On average, a right- handed person lives nine years longer than a left- handed person.
- If the population of China passed you in a single file line, it would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
- China has more English speakers than the USA.
- The longest name for a town in the world is 167 letters.
- The longest word in the English language contains 1909 letters. It is the name for a part of DNA.
- Vatican City is the smallest country in the world with aa population of 1000 and an area of 108.7 acres.
- An elephant walks on its three toes.
- A cow cannot give milk unless it has had a baby first.
- The right arm of President Lincoln was longer than his left. This is because in the political campaigns, he would have his right arm shaked many times.
- No portrait of Washington exist with his mouth open. He had wooden teeth and if were to open his mouth, his teeth would fall out.
- Washington never chopped down a cherry tree.
- Marie Antoinette never said "Let them eat cake." It was rumored that she did to stir hatred against her.
submitted: 1+ years ago
viewed: 18,681 times
categories: news, politics, government