examples of unclear writting (sentences taken from actual letters received by Welfare Dept in application for support )
1. Iam forwarding my marriage certificate and six children. I had seven but one died which was baptized on a half sheet of paper.
2.I am writing the Welfare Dept to say that my baby was born two years old. When do I get my money.
3 Mrs Jones has not had any clothes for a year and has been visited regularly by the clergy.
4. I cannot get sick pay. I have six children. Can you tell me why?
5> I am glad to report that my husband who is missing is dead.
6. This is my eighth child. What are you going to do about it ?
7. Please find for certain if my husband is dead. The man I am now living with can't eat or do anything until he knows.
8. I am very much annoyed to find that you branded my son illiterate. This is a dirty lie, as I married a week before he was born.
9. In answer to your letter, I have given birth to a son weighing ten pounds. I hope this is satisfactory.
10. I am forwarding my marriage certificate and my three children, one of which is a mistake as you can see.
11. My husband got his project cut off two weeks ago and I haven;t had any relief since.
12. Unless I get my husband's money pretty soon, I will be forced to lead an immortal life.
13. You have changed my little boy to a girl. Will this make any difference ?
14. I have no children yet. as my husband is a truck driver and works day and night.
15. In accordance with your instructions. I have given birth to twins in the enclosed envelope.
16.I want my money as quick as I can get it. I have been in bed with the doctor for two weeks and he doesn't do me any good. If things don't improve, I will have to send for another doctor.
submitted: 1+ years ago
viewed: 468 times