You're from a small town if....
1. You can name everyone you graduated with
2. You know what 4-H is
3. You ever went to parties at a pasture, barn, or in the middle of a dirt road.
4. You used to drag "main."
5. You said the 'f' word and your parents knew within the hour
6. You schedule parties around the schedule of different police officers, since you know which ones would bust you and which ones wouldn't. Same goes with the game warden
7. You ever went cow-tipping or snipe hunting
8. You could never buy cigarettes because all the store clerks knew how old you were (and if you were old enough, they'd tell your parents anyhow)
9. When you did find someone old enough and brave enough to buy cigarettes, you still had to go out to the country and drive on back roads to smoke them.
10.It was cool to date someone from the neighbouring town.
11.The whole school went to the same party after graduation.
12.You don't give directions by street names or directions by references (turn by Nelson's house,go two blocks east Anderson's,and it's four houses left of the track field).
13.The golf course had only 9 holes.
14.You can't help but date a friend's ex-girlfriend.
15.Your car stays filthy because of the dirt roads, and you will never own a dark vehicle for this reason.
16.You think kids that ride skateboards are weird.
17.The town next to you is considered "trashy" or"snooty",but is actually just like your town.
18.Getting paid minimum wage is considered a raise.
19.You refer to anyone with a house newer than 1980 as the "rich people".
20.The people in the "big" city dress funny, then you pick-up on the trend two years later.
21.You bragged to your friends because you got pipes on your truck for your birthday.
22.Anyone you want can be found at either the Dairy Queen or the feed store.
23.You see at least one friend a week driving a tractor through town or one of your friends drives a grain truck to school occasionally.
24.Football coaches suggest that you haul hay for the summer to get stronger.
25.Directions are given using "the" stop light as a reference.
26.The city council meets at the coffee shop.
27.Your letter jacket was worn after your 19th birthday.
28.You have ever taken a trailer or dog to school on a daily basis.
29.Weekend excitement involves a trip to a Wal-Mart.
30.Even the ugly people enter beauty contests.
31.You decide to walk somewhere for exercise and 5 people pull over and ask if you need a ride.
32.Your teachers call you by your older siblings names.
33.Your teachers remember when they taught your parents.
34.You can charge at all the local stores.
35.The closest McDonald's is 45 miles away.
36.The closest mall is over an hour away.
37.It is normal to see an old man riding through town on a riding lawn mower.
38.You laugh your ass off reading this because you know they're all true and forward it to everyone who lives in your town (because you know them all!)!!!
submitted: 1+ years ago
viewed: 20,380 times
100 Humorous Beauty Small Town Lines... http://www.examiner.com/article/top-100-signs-you-re-from-the-rural-midwest-fashion-beauty-edition
we never had a dairy queen or a golf course. other than that it describes me perfectly
a few of those are true, but my town isnt THAT small
Ha ha it's kinda sad because some of those things are true because I live in a small town in Texas and one of the most fun things to do is go to Wal-Mart and mess with people. And plus the mall is like an hour out of town.