1. Compaq is considering changing the command "Press Any Key" to "Press Return Key" because of the flood of calls asking where the "Any" key is.
2. AST technical support had a caller complaining that her mouse was hard to control with the dust cover on. The cover turned out to be the plastic bag the mouse was packaged in.
3. Another AST customer was asked to send a copy of her defective diskettes. A few days later, a letter arrived from the customer along with photocopies of the floppies.
4. A Dell technician advised his customer to put his troubled floppy back in the drive and close the door. The customer asked the tech to hold on and was heard putting the phone down, getting up and crossing the room to close the door to his room.
5. Another Dell customer called to say he couldn't get his computer to fax anything. After 40 minutes of troubleshooting, the technician discovered the man was trying to fax a piece of paper by holding it in front of the monitor screen and hitting the "send" key.
7. A Dell technician received a call from a customer who was enraged because his computer had told him he was "bad and an invalid." the tech explained that the computer's "bad command" and "invalid' responses shouldn't be taken personally.
8. An IBM customer had trouble installing software and rang for support. "I put in the first disk and that was OK. It said to put in the second disk, and I had some problems with the disk. When it said to put in the third disk, I couldn't fit it in..." The user hadn't realized that "Insert Disk 2" meant to remove Disk 1 first.
submitted: 1+ years ago
viewed: 18,073 times
categories: computer, science, technology